What is the U-Pass?
The UPass-BC is a discounted, unlimited transit pass available to eligible students. The result of successful advocacy from your Students’ Union and student associations across Metro Vancouver. The UPass is an agreement between Translink, the provincial government and all students’ unions across Metro Vancouver.
The UPass-BC program is structured as a universal and mandatory program for students at participating public post-secondary institutions. This universal model makes the affordability of the UPass-BC program possible, saving those who rely on it up to $538 a semester.
Who is eligible?
Eligible students are SUVCC members and fit within the following categories:
- Students in programs and courses for which a T2202A (tax form) is issued (subject to a minimum number of course credits/tuition)
- Students in Adult Basic Education and English as an Additional Language (includes LINC and ESL Pathways) for 12 hours/week or more, or are
- Continuing Studies students taking the Fashion Design program or Early Childhood Care & Education Diploma program
Who is not eligible?
The following students are NOT eligible to participate in the U-Pass program:
- Students taking only distance/online courses
- Continuing Studies students NOT enrolled in eligible Continuing Studies courses
Students who are registered in online-only University Transfer and Pathways courses will be re-assessed every 2-3 weeks and have their U-Pass charges and eligibility dropped. Please note that activated U-Pass months cannot be dropped.
How to load your U-Pass
The U-Pass BC program is resuming Sept. 1, 2020 for students who are in classes that require regular on-campus attendance.
The U-Pass BC program was temporarily suspended from May to August 2020 due to COVID-19 precautions and the majority of classes moving to online instruction. VCC will update all U-Pass fee assessments made prior to Sept. 1 to ensure any U-Pass fees match student eligibility.