Every fall the SUVCC holds an election for students interested in running for the Board of Directors. Students can put their name forward to be the representative for their program, or as a representative for their campus. Interested students must fill out a Nomination Form, read the policies, and return their form to a Students’ Union office within the nomination period.
What is a Director?
A director is a VCC student who is interested in being a part of deciding how the Students’ Union should be run, what events happen, what campaigns and services are offered, and more!
Who is Eligible?
Any VCC student in good standing with the college is eligible to run to represent their program, or campus.
What are the roles & responsibilities of a Director?
Once a student has successfully won their election they are a Director, and the Directors make up SUVCC’s Board of Directors. Directors are the students that have been elected to govern the affairs of the Students’ Union of Vancouver Community College. The Board of Directors sets the goals and strategic direction of the SUVCC, and they create and review all the major decisions that affect how the SUVCC represents and serves its members–including how we enhance student life at VCC!
It is a simple process to run in an election. If you have any questions, you can email email@example.com.
Notice of Elections: September 05th – 9th, 2016
Nomination: September 12-16th, 2016
Campaigning: September 19th to September 28th, 2016
Voting: September 26th 10:00am to September 28th, 2016 at 7:00pm
List of Positions on the Board of Directors:
- Adult Basic Education Programs Representative
- ASL and Deaf Studies Programs Representative
- At-large Representative – Broadway Campus
- At-large Representative – Downtown Campus
- Automotive and Diesel Mechanics Programs Representative
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Programs Representative
- English as a Second Language Programs Representative
- Health Sciences Programs Representative
- Hospitality and Business Program Representative
- Music Program Representative
- Technology and Design Programs Representative
- University Transfer Programs Representative
- Visually Impaired Program Representative
Join us as a Director and help make a difference at VCC and the student community!